Cake Jobs: Baking / Food Prep Staff
If you can bake a cake, you can usually put together a sandwich, right?
That’s the way we look at our varied food roles, where you will certainly never get bored.
Typical duties include basic home baking. Nothing too scary: flapjacks, loaves, brownies, etc. You will of course have recipes to follow, and receive training.
Since few people want cakes at lunch time, you will also need to be able to make sandwiches, salads, pastas and suchlike.
You will, for ALL Coffee, Cake & Kisses roles, have:
- good English (additional languages a bonus),
- a big smile and a bigger heart (kindness counts!),
- an open-minded attitude (while with us, you will come into contact with challenging subjects and must be comfortable with issues of human gender and sexuality, sex education, alternative relationship models etc).
You must have:
- good awareness of food hygiene and food safety procedures,
- a minimum of 6 months' experience in a similar role,
- super-tidy personal demeanour,
- good spacial awareness and control over your physical environment (we have an open kitchen that must be kept super tidy at all times - everything you do is visible to customers).
No qualifications, no food prep or coffee experience, and you still want to join us?
Fear not, not all is lost - we did say we were inclusive ;)
There are the kisses roles which you may want to check out. While they certainly benefit from prior experience, the right attitude is more important.